Sunday, June 28, 2015

Bath Time Today

Another example of how different two siblings (in this case Yorkie siblings) can be.

Bailey doesn't hate baths. Doesn't love them, but she's really easy to bathe because she just sits there and takes it.

Meggie ... well, she's different. If she sees us open the cupboard where their shampoo is kept, or if she sees us bring a big bath towel to the kitchen (we bathe them in the kitchen sink), she sneaks away to hide. Her favorite hiding place - behind the washer & dryer in the utility room. Today she picked a new one.

My office is upstairs and at the end of a hall. As far away from the kitchen as you can get in our house. Today, I heard my wife calling Meggie, and she finally called to me and asked if I had seen Meggie. I said no, but as I turned to look around my office my foot hit up against something under my desk. Meggie had managed to get under my desk without my knowing about it, and she had no intention of leaving.  Kathie called her and Meggie acted as if she heard nothing.  I told her to go to Kathie, and Meggie acted as if she heard nothing.  I reached down to pick her up, and it was as if she could multiply her weight at will.  She did not want to be picked up.  She did not want to "go to Mommy."  She just didn't want a bath.

Well, as happens in most such conflicts, she is getting a bath.  Because I'm the parent and I said so.  But I sure am glad my wife is the one that bathes the dogs!

No comments:

Post a Comment